Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Stand by me


Oh my this really touched me, as soon as I heard this song I knew immediately who my Stand By Me person is, no question, my mom, she is the best friend anyone could ever have and one helluva mom.  When this challenge came up  I listened to the song over and over while looking for pictures to use and crying because I have been so blessed to call this woman my mom. This is what I journaled, which I normally don't share ( I really don't like my journaling). 

     MOM, You are the one person who has always stood by me.  Through thick and thin, good times and bad, you have always been there for me.  You are my best friend, I know I can share anything with you and you will accept me just the way I am.  You always understand no matter what.  You have always had my back.  You know me better than I know myself.  You always know the right thing to say to me and exactly how far to push me.  These pictures are  happy moments in my life and I 'm glad I shared them with you..  You have been the anchor in our family, the one to hold us together.  I hope I can give back to you all you have given to me.  Thank you for all the sacrifices you have made.  I am so grateful you are my mother and my best friend I couldn't have anyone better.

I shared this entry because I am grateful she is my mother and thankful to be her daughter and I want everyone to know I think she is the best ( as most of us do about our mothers , I'm sure) I just wanted to share.
I made this for Sketchy Thursdays and Scrapping the Music
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! beautiful take on the sketch and a beautiful tribute to your mom!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy thursdays ans Scrapping The Music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love love this!!! How special this is that you made this about your Mom!! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays and Scrapping the Music!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to your mom! :)What a great layout and a touching post! :)

    Thank you for joining us at Scrapping The Music! :) So glad the song inspired you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous... thanks for playing along with us at STM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely! I need to get out my scrap supplies and do a tribute to 'my' Mom! thanks for the inspiration!!!

    and thanks for playing along at Scrapping the Music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great colors and great message for your mom. I'm really loving the long vertical journaling on the background :)

    ReplyDelete