Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Brick by Brick


Posted by Picasa
I did this for the Brick by Brick challenge at Smeared Ink. Awesome community.  This was going to be a card but inspiration got away with me and it ended up being 8 1/2 x 11 it just came alive on its own, I love it when that happens. I love the TH embossing brick folder, it's awesome.  The tree is from a TH embossing folder as well, I just cut the tree out, I used mostly TH distress ink  The girl stamp unknown so if anyone out there knows, please let me know, thanks.  Same goes for the angels walk among us stamp.  The dragon stamp I do know is Inkadinkado.
It's hard to see but there are three angels stamped in the black area where the crown is, I couldn't get it to photograph well.  I was supposed to get inspiration from paramores video, I watched it once and then thought about it for days, it all flowed out fairly well, until I got to the gesso part, for some reason I had to think about that for two extra days, then decided to go for it, see I had never worked with gesso before and everything else was done and well if I had used the gesso and it didn't work the whole project would have been trash, but in the end my gut said "go for it" really loudly.  So I did.  I think it works, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I had to come tell you again how much I love this! I love all the wings and all the details I totally see the video in this! wow what a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I am so glad someone else "gets it"

    ReplyDelete